Choqok did not support identi.ca after the switch because none did step up to implement the new APIs. So, the news is that since a week I’m working to Pump.IO support in Choqok!
It’s the first time I play with OAuth authentication and REST APIs in C++; in this week I implemented:
- OAuth registration with the host service;
- Fetch of the user main activity; witch means you see your and your following posts in the Choqok Activity timeline;
- Fetch posts sent directly to you in the Inbox timeline;
- Fetch posts you sent and show them in Outbox timeline;
- Fetch posts you liked and show them in Favorites timeline;
- Write a Public post; at the moment by default the message you send can be read by anyone, even people not registered on an Pump.IO server;
- Show To, CC, time and post’s author with links to Pump.IO website;
- Images previews; shows thumbnails for the images uploaded on a Pump.IO host;
- Like/Unlike any post;
- Reshare any post;
- Delete a post you wrote.
While those features are still missing:
- Show replies; I’m working on this at the moment. I already implemented this some day ago by showing the replies in the same way I show posts. This was nice, but introduced more complexity: do I need to parse all posts so the user can see the lasts reply to that one-month-old post? Then I thought, to implement this by showing a See thread/replies button and show all the replies in a separate widget; in short: the way Twitter already handle threads in Choqok;
- Send message with custom To and CC; I don’t expect this to be hard, but how still I don’t know if I should parse the text looking for To:/CC: keywords or what. Also, I need to provide the user some facility as a Pump.IO username contains both nickname and hostname and I don’t expect users to remember where your friend registered the account;
- Medias support; upload of images/videos… I didn’t take a look yet.
What else you need? Suggestions are welcome!
Usual screenshot which say more than thousands words:
If you are member of the #pumpiverse try it and let me know of any issue replying to this bug report.
Tags: kde, choqok